http://www.caledonguild.com http://www.caledonguild.com
Caledon
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

League of Legends « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mistikal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: League of Legends Reply with quote

Caledon WoW Member

Anyone playing it? If you don't know what it is, its pretty much Dota.
Tiberon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Its also pretty much horrible. I've found the game to be extremely one-sided and not all that fun. I think I prefer HoN, which is rather sad, tbh.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caledon WoW Member

Really? I think its entertaining. Its a bit horribly imbalanced atm, but i still think it can be worthy of playing. HoN from what i have seen is just dota with different engine.
Tiberon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Most notably, I think HoN is DotA with an effective leaver control mechanic. I'd prefer to play DotA still at the moment, but it ends up being not as fun when only one out of every 10 games lasts more than 10 minutes.

I'll certainly be giving LoL another shot at some point, provided they fix the balance issues. I'm also not too happy with the game being micropayment based though, so we'll have to see where that goes.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Republic Officer

Misti: I agree with you...I personally find LOL much more entertaining and compelling because I feel it IS something more than DOTA. I'm not sure what imbalances you guys feel there is...I'm just about finished playing at least one game with every hero, and honestly, I haven't found one that is overwhelmingly overpowered...or underpowered for that matter...I had some good games and bad games, but it's not clear that it just wasn't from a playstyle preference on my part.

LOL has a similar leaver control mechanic, so that's a push with both.

I am disappointed with the micropayment issue, but I'm willing to see how they implement it before I decide.
KernalCitra
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caledon WoW Member

im thuroughly enjoying HoN atm, and honestly i think once it launches it will have multiple maps and be more like the wow arenas in which the 3 lane format will be dropped. i havent heard of this LoL business, i'll have to check it out
Torz
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

3 lane format will be dropped? HoN is almost a copy and paste of DotA. I think the most popular map will always be the 5v5 three lane standard that is the exact copy of the DotA map because it's been polished over the course of 8 years or so. There will probably eventually be other decent maps, but I doubt 3 lane 5v5 will ever go away especially because a large part of the fan base of this game is going to be from former DotA players.
Tiberon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

They've already made a 2 lane 3v3 map, but I doubt they'll attempt any new formats for quite some time.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caledon WoW Member

i just dont see them improving on dota without comming up with something of their own. i could see them at the least making some sort of acheivement neccisary other than destroying racks that are in the way to finish a game, and the only way i can think of this happening is to get rid of the 3 lane, 2 forest, 1 boss method. im probably thinkin too much into it, but even with a new engine, it doesnt make much sense to me to put out an 8 year old game without making it expandable.

Jump to: